Monday, October 18, 2010

Enviable Brunettes: Better Than Basic Browns

Since moving to New York, I find myself coloring more brunettes than ever before.  I love the opportunity to transform the guest in my chair from bland to brilliant in only a couple hours time, without creating high maintenance hair.  Sometimes, it is as simple as refreshing the ends with deposit-only color to add richness and shine.  Occasionally, a few strategically placed low lights a couple shades darker than the base does the trick.  The most important thing with the darker hair is the let the guest know there are always options while still maintaining the healthy, shiny hair that is the envy of their friends.

To remind myself of the variety of choices with hair, I keep up with the collections posted in the industry magazines and online groups.  Planet Salon in Beverly Hills, California, recently debuted a "Brunettes Only" collection.  Above is my favorite image from the set.

No comments: